Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Just Couldn't Help Myself


I started a blog a while back with high hopes. I soon abandoned it when other things came up. Gonna give it another go.

When trying to think of a URL for my blog, I figured I had to put "hooker" in it somewhere. Yes, that's the odd, childish name given to someone that is obsessed with crocheting. Get it? Hooker. Oh, Lord, that's corny. I was surprised how many blogs had the word hooker in it. Kinda creepy, actually. As for my personal "I'm a hooker!" story, that one will have to wait. Let's just say it involves me in second grade, a poor-man's Halloween costume and the need for a dictionary.

So here it is: Kung Fu Hookery. Why Kung Fu? I guess it's a combo of references to a favorite movie of mine, Office Space, the fact that Kung Fu looks pretty awesome and it just sounded kind of cool to say. Kung Fu Hookery. There you have it.

My obsession with crocheting started when I was six. Granny taught me. I soon realized it was pretty awesome. Granny was pretty awesome herself.

So here I am as an almost-thirty-year-old wife and mother with a hooking problem. Cabinets of yarn. Tubs full of half-completed projects. An etsy shop. The best of intentions. Trying to get my mind organized and figure out my next plan of attack in terms of properly promoting my shop and introducing myself to local boutiques. I could spend all day reading helpful articles online about this. That sort of takes away time to actually work on my items though. But I suppose that's life. A delicate balance of what you want to do versus what you have to do.


I hope to use my new blog as a way to organize my thoughts, so friend or stranger, please don't hold back. When I'm acting like a fat kid who just got his chocolate cake taken away, tell me. If I'm boring you like an elementary school's film strip on the history of Indiana, tell me. I'm a big girl. I can take it. That's what all those years of therapy were for.

No comments:

Post a Comment